Sunday, June 8, 2008

It has begun!


Hey there all!! Well it has begun!! I and my friend from my home church, Rob Magary came to Peru on Tuesday June 3rd. My thinking was to bring Rob here as a representitive of my home church in order to see what my ministry and Peru is really like.

We spent the night in Lima and on Wed. flew to Pucallpa, Peru (about 50 min flight). Rob and I were in Pucallpa Wed-Fri...where I showed him around SAM center and the surrounding communities. We traveled in motokars...eat in resturants...swam in the lake...rode in the back of a truck on a bumpy road...saw the Milkey Way with the Southern Cross...viewed an Inca ruin site in Lima and finally as a departing meal ate at Chili´s!

Now, Rob has flown to the states and is back in Gainesville and I am in Lima set to leave for Arequipa, Peru tomorrow to enter language school (in which I need much prayer!!) I will be in Arequipa for 3-4 months.

I am excited to get all this going! It was great to see everyone...and I am looking forward to all that God has set up!

Please comment here or email me... marshallkitron@hotmail.com

talk to you soon!! When I get some pics...I´ll post them!!!

1 comment:

Bickley said...

Great to hear from you, Marshall! We'll pray for you on your language school. Curious...how often can you access the "interwebs" out there?

Stephanie misses you.