Monday, March 29, 2010

Took one on the chin today...


Hey there...well, nothing like news happening in your life to make the blog post! And, I wish this was going to be good news...but, that is life sometimes.

I love swimming and the Lord has blessed me to be able to have several swim classes throughout the week. On Monday and Friday mornings I do swim lessons with a missionary family who is home schooling their children. So, this morning...I showed up at 9:30 and had class till about 11 or so. Today's class was probably the hardest I have pushed the kids. They are age 10, 8, and 7. They did great...and I walked away thinking that was a great class. I walked out to my truck (not even 15 feet from the entrance to the place) and the drivers side lock is missing.....oh no!

Yep, I was robbed. They got my back pack (which I normally take into any establishment that I go into). They got my wallet (the wallet I have had since I was 15). Inside was $60, my credit card, debit card, peruvian drivers license, and my florida one as well. Also, a book that was borrowed (Same Kind of Different as Me (if you have not read this...it is a good one!)). And, I lost my leatherman...as I just had put it in my backpack the night before. (My credit and debit cards were canceled in time and new ones are on the way). THEY DID NOT get my peruvian carnet as it was at my house...and I had a copy in my wallet!

Soooo.....yep, I am pretty mad...and am actually lucky I did not see the guy doing it. On the flip side though....from the first moment I saw it...I was just flooded with this peace...and was really surprised at how calm I was.

Pray for him/her...whoever. Theft here is HUGE...and its almost not worth having anything cuz it is just gonna grow legs and walk away.


Pic 1 of lock missing on door...



Pic 2 of lock missing on door....


Pray for thieves!!

Marshall




No comments: