Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Prayer and Support Needed...


Hey all! Well I have never made this type of blog entry…but I guess the old saying is true “never say never!” It is a real joy to be able to serve on the mission field here in Pucallpa, Peru. Knowing the Lord has ordained me to be here and be involved in the specific ministries I am involved in…is beyond what some might call a “blessing!”

The past year I have been able to work with the men in our church and see them grow mightily in the Lord. Most churches here in Peru have mostly women and a few men in the church, let alone men who are training to be leaders. This training for leadership is taking place at Mil Palmeras…and crazy as it may seem, the Lord is using me in this regard.

I spent 2009 working with men in our church directly in groups…via an Old Testament study I did with them. We covered Genesis through II Kings 11 and will pick back up soon with II Kings through Malachi. I also was involved in getting the social ministries/missions ball rolling for Mil Palmeras. It has been a great year!!



But…staying here involves support. The support channel is a long one and at times can be confusing and complicated. I purchased a truck in Dec of 2008 and the purchase of the truck was over looked in getting credited to my account with SAM. And now, the error has been caught and is now being credited (or debited – however you look at it). This comes at a time when I no longer have in my account enough to cover the cost of my truck…which means I am going in the “RED” by about $2,000.

The quick answer is really getting more monthly support. My monthly goal is $2,900 (with a %50 increase in health insurance starting in January of 2010.) More monthly support will help pull me out of the “red” and get me back to where I need to be.

The not so quick answer, is upon council and prayer…is to return to the US to raise more support. This involves leaving the ministry, house, truck, and forfeiting my resident visa (if over six months).

If you have read this far…God Bless you!! Haa haa – Pray for me and these next two or three trying months…a lot will be known soon…

If you are interested in supporting my ministry or know someone who is send checks to:

South America Mission, Inc.
1021 Maxwell Mill Road, Suite B
Fort Mill, SC 29708

(Make checks payable to South America Mission)

Thank you!...please keep praying!

Marshall

1 comment:

Scott said...

Here's the Support Marshall link to support you online. It's helpful for people who are online more than offline these days, like me.