Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Realizing Where I Am....

The last year has been quite the journey. I left Peru in June 2007 looking for support as the Lord had directed me to return to Peru full time. Just under a year all my monthly ministry support was raised and as of June of 2008 I was returning to Peru as a career missionary. I spent three months in Arequipa, Peru officially studying Spanish and had returned to Pucallpa to assume all that awaited on Sept. 13, 2008!

I was quickly running...with teaching at the school, starting up the missionary kid youth group, and working at Mil Palmeras (our church plant of 300). My job is to be the missions pastor and I am looking at getting missions classes and such started soon and having that transition into actual local projects and then to other cities and eventually other countries. Since I have been here (2 months) I have taught three classes on "sects/false religions" 2 classes on Mormonism and 1 class on the prosperity gospel. Last Sunday 11/9, was a historical day for me as I preached my frist sermon in Spanish (twice). I am also slotted to preach on 11/23 and 12/7. Exciting huh....keep reading!

There is nothing like being where GOD has called you to be EVEN in the midst of resistance and oppostion. Last week as I was preparing my sermon and such..."things" started happening in the house and such. One night about 10:30pm I was downstairs - my roomates had already gone to bed...and the upstairs shower comes on and I noticed and evil presence in the hosue - so I go upstairs - pray, and turn it off. Come back down and continue my NCAA football game (the nerve to interupt my game!!) Ten minutes later...it happened again. I went back upstairs and turned it off. Yep, ten minutes later...it happened again. Prayed (had been) and prayed some more...then, I took a shower! And went to bed. It happened the next two nights. It never has happened before...nor has it happend since.

I also "lost" my keys for my motocylce three days - and on Sunday morning...happen to find them in shorts I was had not been wearing the day I lost them. Also that week...one time...I walked by my big floor fan and it turned off by itself...brown outs here are common...but we still had power!

Many of you have asked how to pray for me and the ministry here. Here is a snap shot of the resistance that is beginning and I believe will continue. I am not scared, frightened, spooked or anything...not at all...God already has taught me not to fear this. So...would pray for the ministry here in Peru.

Please pray for:
- Salvations
- The understanding of Missions
- Personal growth in the lives of those that attend Mil Palmeras
- Wisdom (for me)
- Anything else the Lord lays on your heart!

Thank you so much!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear you are doing well and preaching Truth! I will be in prayer for you as you preach and as you do battle on a different plain.

Becca said...

Its also encouraging knowing that God wants you somewhere so much....so much that Satan doesn't want you there, and wants to thwart God's plans! What does He have up His sleeve for you to do for His kingdom?? Big things my friend! Big things!!!